True life: I can’t stop wearing black!
This week’s instagram round up is lacking in color, but here is why I think black is always a good idea!
- The number one reason why to wear black is one we are all familiar with, it instantly slims you, making you feel sexier and more confident.
- If you are a klutz like I am, no worries! Black won’t show any of those lunch stains 😉
- You look sleeker and more put together. Even if you are just wearing a black t-shirt, black jeans, and black booties…something about the all black look that makes you look like you tried more than you did.
- You don’t have to worry about matching pieces. When I am lacking time, black on black is a go-to.
- You can transition your bright accessories on an all black look and let them pop. I also love doing a bright lip on an all black look.
- It’s timeless, and never goes out of style. If you are choosing to invest in pieces, go for the black shade.
What I Wore
It was my friend’s bachelorette party that weekend, and we spent the night in Atlantic City NJ. She actually asked her bridesmaids to wear black, but I was going to anyway. I had this blazer blouse since last new years from forever 21, but decided to wear it as a dress and pair it with envelope shorts. No one could even tell it was separates from the front, so it worked perfectly. I finished with a sleek pony and pointed pumps.
On this day we celebrated my friend’s engagement at her bridal shower. Everyone showed up in summer dresses, and I showed up in black LOL. It’s been feeling like fall in Jersey already, so I been grabbing a lot more black lately, but I loved the feminine embroidery and sleeves on this top and still thought it was perfect for the occasion. I paired it with dark wash jeans and black strappy sandals from zara. I put my hair up, which I like to do with a high neckline to open up my face, and added a velvet scrunchie to dress up the bun.
That night, I celebrated my 29th birthday. A few friends and I went to a latin restaurant/lounge where they treated me to an amazing dinner, and then we danced everything from salsa to hip-hop. It was a great night with my closest friends. I wore wide leg pants that I did NOT have to get hemmed (SAY WHAT) this like never happens! I was so excited to find these at a local boutique. I wore it with a velvet tube top and pointed pumps from zara.
That sums up this Instagram round-up. I can’t promise you’ll see much more color from this point on. Fall has creeped in, and I couldn’t be more excited! Let me know which look was your favorite 🙂 I hope everyone had a great labor day weekend!